You don’t have to rack your brains to understand that there is a problem with fast fashion today. In this esl lesson plan learn about clothes and sustainability, use new vocabulary from the video and do the video exercises!
Fashion and sustainability questions
- Is fashion important for you?
- What is fast fashion?
- Is fast fashion affordable?
- Can fast fashion be of high quality?
- What are the detrimental/negative effects of fast fashion?
- How can fashion be ethical?
Key video vocabulary B1-B2
8 million species of plants and animals
Our increasing desire for fast fashion
Pushing species to the brink of extinction
Sustainable fashion video exercises
Watch the video. How does fashion harm the environment?
Do a video interactive exercise
Complete the gaps with words from the video and your examples:
What does it sound like?
Virtual tour of a natural history museum!
Video discussion questions fast fashion
- What pushes species to the brink of extinction?
- Why do people desire new clothes and follow fashion?
- How often do you buy new clothes? What clothes do you usually buy?
- What solutions do they offer?
- Has the video motivated you to buy less clothes? How?
- What can you do personally to stop climate change?
- Is fast fashion a global problem? Why?
- How can minimalism help with fast fashion problem?
- What is the future of fashion industry like?
- What kind of people work in the fashion industry?
Sustainable fashion key vocabulary phrases
|species of plants and animals|
|Our increasing desire for fast fashion|
|Pushing species to the brink of extinction|
|we can consider every purchase|
|we can buy quality and consume less|
|we can recycle and repurpose|
|sustainable, clean, considered fashion|
|our attitude towards fashion|
Additional listening videos clothes and fashion intermediate
Learn more about sustainable fashion with a British council video lesson