- Is fashion important for you?
- Would you change your clothing style to fit in?
- Can fashion boost your self-esteem?
- Would you like to expand your style comfort zone?
- Look at the picture below. What can influence your style?
New fashion style “Material girl” video exercises
Watch the video. How did the new fashion style change the girl?
New style speaking activity
Add sentences to describe pictures:
One girl didn’t like her style of clothes. Her style was __ and not so __. She wanted to wear better and more __ stuff. ____
She started to wear new clothes and had a new trendy style. ____
One day she leaves her headphones on a bus and is really unhappy about it and she____
Finally, she understands that she doesn’t ___ trendy clothes from that store. Her own style is unique and ___ without clothes from the store.
Interactive order exercise
Material girl correct order exercise
Description of the Material girl listening exercise
- Why did the girl dislike her style?
- What kind of style did she choose?
- How did she realize that her own style is unique and original?
Reading “Material girl” story about clothes elementary text
One girl didn’t like her style of clothes. Her style was usual and not so trendy. She wanted to wear better and more impressive stuff.
One day she came to a clothes store. It had beautiful clothes everywhere. She wanted to have a fashion style like a pop singer. She had never heard of her before, but she liked her. Later, she started to wear new things and had a new trendy style.
One day she leaves her headphones on a bus and is really unhappy about it. She tries to run after a bus but she doesn’t get her headphones back.
Finally, she understands that she doesn’t need to wear trendy clothes from that store. She doesn’t want to waste money on fashion things. Basically, her own style is unique and original without clothes from that store. It’s not hard to be unique with your own style.
Complete sentences with your own ideas
Some time ago I didn’t like my __. It was __. I wanted to have _ and more __ stuff.
One day I came to a/an _ store. It had __ everywhere. I wanted to __like __ . Later, I started to__ new __ and had a new __.
Finally, I understand that I don’t need to __ from __ . I don’t want to waste money on __things. Basically, my ___is unique and __ without __ from __ . It’s not hard to __with __ .
My clothes and character speaking activity
Complete sentences with your ideas
- I have to wear ___ to feel confident
- ___ clothes make me feel quite __
- I have my own style/I like diversity because ___
- Wearing __ helps me __
- You need to wear __ to be much more __
- You have to wear __ to get more __
Clothes and fashion discussion
- Were you ever obsessed with a celebrity?
- Do you waste money on clothes?
- Is minimalist style popular nowadays?
- Can buying a lot of clothes be harmful for environment? How?
- What is fast fashion?
- What fashion style would you wear for a job interview?
- Do you have to wear traditional clothes for special occasions and festivals?
- What clothes do people usually wear for a wedding in your country?
- What clothes would you wear in order to impress someone?
- Does music people listen to influence clothing style?
- How important will fashion be in the future?
- How do you make a decision what clothes to buy and wear?
- Do people dress differently with age?
Additional videos and exercises about clothes
Where do you buy your clothes?
Complete the sentences with your own ideas
- I buy my clothes __ (where?)
- My favorite store is called _
- You can find _ there
- I like to spend my money on _ clothes
- I think __and stuff like that is in fashion
- I like/don’t like to stand out from the crowd because __
- I wear casual and unique clothes when __
- I guess, I rather wear __ and _ as well
- It is a little bit _ but_
Compare individual and conservative styles of fashion with an interactive exercise. Click on the picture below👇
Learn more about: