Music discussion questions
- What music do you like?
- Can music influence your mood?
- What kind of songs do you like?
- Do you spend money on music?
- Why do people listen to music in these situations in the picture?
My favorite kind of music Video exercises
Complete the sentences with your ideas
- My favorite kind of music is __.
- It is popular among young people to listen to __ but I have to say that I really love __ , for example, __.
- __ is deeper and more awesome.
- It is better to listen to __ than __ when you are by yourself.
- from old times/ vintage
Key about music vocabulary
|I have to say that I really love ..|
|but the truth is that I love those ..|
|I like modern songs, like Justin Bieber and stuff like that|
|the lyrics of the songs, are really more deeper than the modern and contemporary songs|
|when you’re by yourself|
|And even if nowadays I also love..|
Describe a piece of music you like IELTS cue card
You should say:
- what it is
- why you like it
- how often you listen to it
and explain why it is a good piece of music
Make a comic story connected to music or music performances!
FCE Use of English exercise Music
Learn more about confusing words!
Additional videos to talk about music
Dialogue about music
- How often do you go to live performances?
- Learn more with a British Council live music video lesson!
- To learn more about pronunciation rules with another lesson about Language and Music would be helpful 🙂
- What personality traits can a person who enjoys classical music have?
- Does music you listen to influence your clothing style?
- Do you think music of the future will be different?
- Do you like traditional music?
- Do you like musicals? What do you like about it?