- What is a dessert for you?
- How often do you eat desserts?
- What is a healthy dessert?
- Spin the wheel and find out what dessert to eat!
hours minutes seconds
National Dessert Day
Key video vocabulary
to bring out flavor
Healthy dessert video vocabulary interactive exercise
Eating healthy dessert video exercise pre-intermediate
Watch the video. Is the dessert in the video healthy? Why? Why not?
Complete the sentences with your ideas:
- My favorite, delicious dessert is __
- __is a great alternative to
- These are gonna be perfect for__
- A special treat but made with better-for-you ingredients is__
- To make these we’re starting off with__
- I’m combining some _ along with some _
- I’m adding in some __in order to bring out flavor
Video discussion questions
- Would you make this dessert?
- What ingredients did she use to make the dessert?
- How did she bring out chocolate flavor?
- Do you enjoy decadent food?
- What do you cook for special occasions?
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- How to make your desserts healthier?
- What makes food unhealthy?
Additional food videos
Key eating healthy dessert/food vocabulary
|a special treat|
|a flax egg|
|a pinch of salt|
|to bring out flavor|
|__ is made with better-for-you ingredients|
Discover more food&desserts worksheets!